Start each day as a team - ask for help, share problems and updates.
All members of the team, if people are working remotely they can dial in.
Stand ups happen each morning at a time that suits the team.
Things you need
Task board. It could be a physical board (link to Kanban board) with post its and sharpies, or a digital eg Jira or Trello.
Tips on running the session
- Agree a time for the stand up that suits all of the team so that everyone can be there.
- If some members of the team are not turning up, find out if there is a reason, for example, it’s not at the right time for them
- All stand ups need someone to lead so that you keep people to time when they are giving updates
- Practice beforehand to check that the timing and pace work
If you want to attend a stand up, feedback to us and we can try to arrange it.
- One person from the team should run the stand up but that person can rotate throughout the week.
- Go round the team, allowing each team member to give a short update on their progress - this might include asking for help or support with their work
- Ensure all the team have given an update and allow for any questions.
- If anything needs in-depth discussion, it's best to end the stand up and let the people required pick up the discussion.